
The only room that we changed was the living room. The curtains were horrendous. The picture doesn't do them justice. So the first picture is what is looked like when we arrived, the second is what is looks like now.
The last video is of our kitchen and me cooking our first meal in it.
Well, getting settled took a while. They don't have things like Walmart or Target. It's a bit of a hunt to try to find everything you need for your house. I still have yet to find a mirror. I've asked around and no one seems to know where I can buy one! I did find a very small round one but it was about 25 pounds (about 40 american dollars!) But other than settling our little place we have attended our church, St. Aldates, several times. We love it so far! There is so much to get involved with, it's quite amazing! They have prayer meetings every morning at 7:00, praying for different things. On tuesday nights they have a program called Postgrads and we went for the first time last night. They serve you a meal which is awesome, and there is really great fellowship with people who are all doing grad programmes at Oxford (I'm a bit of a misfit, but they accept me). Tonight is a church wide prayer meeting that I'm going to go to once I finish writing this blog. We are really encouraged by the church because they really are following the Spirit of God and it is evident in everything they do.
I am about to venture off to Paris tomorrow for about 5 days while Zack is going on a field trip with his programme to the coast. I will make him post his first blog about it when he returns.
All in all, we are absolutely loving it here! We have had the most beautiful weather! It has been sunny and about 68 degrees every day. They say September is one of the best months here. Other than that, Zack is ready and excited to start school, and I am ready to start looking for a job when I return from Paris. We will keep you updated.


yay st. aldates! i went there too when i lived in oxford. have fun in paris!
ReplyDelete