Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I wanted to update the blog a long time ago, but my computer stopped working and I had to wait until I got to the US to get it fixed. So here is a long overdue update. November and December were very normal as far as I was working full time at Mortons and Zack was busy with school. So here are some pictures.

This is just a funny picture I took of Zack when he was studying.

This is the Covered Market.

Yes, this store has dead animals hanging outside the store, waiting to be butchered.


This was from Thanksgiving. Zack and I celebrated with a group of friends. These are two of my friends, Eveliina and Linda.
More friends.
Thanksgiving dinner! It was very yummy :)
This was the game we played after dinner. You had to defend your goal by blowing. See video below.
My cat friend who we have affectionately named Pumpkin Head.
People live on these boats.
Me walking down George Street.
The inside of the church St. Mary's.
We climbed up St. Mary's and these next few pictures are the views.

Christ Church's tower called "Old Tom".





I do not know why the text is now underlined. I can't seem to fix it. I hate blogger. I am going to find a new blog site, just so you know.
Anyways, these are our friends Alex and Matthew. Alex is studying at the University. He is from Germany, but has just moved to Oxford from IHOP (International House of Prayer) in Kansas City. Matthew lives in Oxford and is in charge of the Prayer House.

Borders is closing in the United Kingdom.
These next pictures are from our trip to London. We went there for 2 days to see a David Gray concert. It was amazing! We were front row, center! So this is a picture of an overcrowded tube (that is what they call the underground system).
We went to Hyde Park and they had a Winter Wonderland!
Zack dancing with the Santa.


A giant Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square.

Zack and the lion.
A goal has been fulfilled! A picture of Big Ben when it's sunny out! I did not achieve this on my last trip to London.
The London Eye. I'm not a big fan of it.

Parliament.



A tree was growing out of the bridge! I found this amazing.
This is St. Paul's Cathedral. It is absolutely amazing! It is the most beautiful church I have ever been to. I tried to upload a video clip I took from the inside, but I am having technical difficulties with blogger so I will try to upload it later.
This is London's version of Time Square... but this is all there is. I don't get it.

So not much to update other than I quit working at Mortons. I will be looking for a part time job when I return because I am starting my Organic Agriculture program. Also, as I said, I hope to find a new blog website because I am beyond frustrated with this one.

1 comment:

  1. omg- talk about a great way to get sick!!!!! I would not have been playing... :)

    ReplyDelete