Wednesday, November 18, 2009


It's been three weeks since the last update. A lot has happened since then, but overall I think we've finally settled into normal daily life here in Oxford. Right after the last update I got a job working at a place called Mortons. I am in the kitchen making sandwiches for 10 hours a day. Not the best job, but I am very thankful to be working. Zack has adjusted to the weird ways of Oxford and is steadfast in his school. I feel that the adjustment period, which was tough at times to get through, has passed. Another good this is that the Catacombs opened which is a prayer house in the center of Oxford opened by St. Aldates. Here is a link to a video to see what it looks like:


Zack and I are really excited about the Catacombs. This week is 24/7 prayer. We are also hoping to start up a weekly prayer meeting with some of our friends from Postgrads.

Saturday night Greg came to visit!!! It was so great to see him! He was only here till Monday morning but it was a good visit. He stopped by on his way back from Poland where God did some amazing things. So we showed him around our new home. The great thing about Oxford is that you can see all of it in a day. So here are some pictures.

We inflated the air mattress to see if it would fit in our living room. Luckily it did and this is Zack trying to deflate it. When Greg came, he was smart enough to notice that air pump had a deflate nozzle.


Inside the observatory tower at Green Templeton.
Random things like this make me love Oxford. We were having dinner at The Mitre and upstairs there were a bunch of men doing choreograph dancing and playing the accordion dressed like this...
This is Greg's genuinely happy face when he purchased a milkshake from Moo Moo's that was ice cream, skittles and sour pear gummies... or something like that.

All Souls College.
This made us think of Shane and Carly. By the way, if you did not know- they are engaged!!!!! YEAH! We are so excited for them. They are getting married June 2011.
This is our church, St. Aldates. Here is a little info on the history of the building, "The community at St Aldates dates back to Saxon times. It may have been one of three churches within the monastic precinct of St. Frideswide. The first major constructions, dating back to the 12th century, were the nave and chancel, the central strand of the building as it now stands. Since then the church has been extended and remodeled at various times."
The Inside of the church.
The sign up board for 24/7 prayer this week.
The inside of Mortons.
I wanted to show you how short that door is into Mortons.
The outside of Mortons. The kitchen is the top right window.
People live on these boats that travel up and down on the Oxford Canal.
When I finally got a job, Zack and I went to celebrate at The Trout. It is a nice pub/restaurant in the north of Oxford. To get there we had to walk through Port Meadow. To walk there it took just over an hour, but well worth it because the food was amazing (which is a nice break but England's restaurants are overpriced and not that tasty).

This video is of the inside of the old observatory tower at Green Templeton. The outside of the building is the picture of Zack and Greg above. We did not know but Zack has access to a key to go up to it which was cool, although I do not think you can go up to the balcony which is why you hear me cautioning Zack at the end of the video :)

One more thing. Many of you know Hub, my grandfather. He had a knee replacement on Monday which was a replacement of a replacement, which is extremely painful. Please pray for his recovery and that his physical therapy would progress well. I love him so much and he is on my heart and mind continuously as I am in England and he is in America. We would love your prayers for him.

We miss you all and look forward to coming home at Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I'm coming! I'm coming! (and woohoo for seeing you at Christmas)
    hoorah!

    ReplyDelete